This Activity has been designed for 11-16 yr An exciting and interesting 45 minute interactive video presentation for 11-16 year olds learning about buoy design, function and maintenance and a chance to meet some of the people doing that work at sea including the work of the RNLI.
- Have you ever wondered about how boats and ships navigate the sea around the UK without crashing into rocks or even shipwrecks?
- If the waterways around the UK are some of the busiest for traffic in the World why aren’t there more collisions, and what happens after a shipwreck?
- Are there traffic lights in the English Channel?
- Who are Trinity House and how do they keep people and shipping vessels safe?
- How much do you know, about the work of the RNLI As part of the activity you will be able to design a new buoy, winning designs will be posted to the Maritime UK careers website and social media channels